I am Blaž - a husband, a father, a CEO, a certified personal trainer and nutritionist. For almost a decade, I have been helping my friends and clients improve their health, performance, appearance, mood, and self-confidence through right nutrition and physical activity. I have seen how my knowledge and advice changed dozens of lives. And the more experience I have, the more I am certain that our bodies are, in fact, made in the kitchen, not in the gym.
This is not to say working out is not important - it is. But the fact is that food and the ways we consume it is such an integral part of our everyday life that it is literally impossible (and potentially very dangerous) to train so much that what you eat would not matter. Plus, the effects of what we eat go far beyond our appearance or performance. They define how healthy and resilient we are - both physically and mentally -, how we age, how we feel about ourselves and how we connect to the people around us.
That is why I have been turning more and more focus to nutrition as a crucial part of a balanced life and our overall wellbeing. After years of studying, research and above all learning from my own experience and experience of my family and clients, here I am.
I hope this 28-day plan that I put together is just a beginning - both for me and for you. A beginning of a new, happier, healthier and more satisfying life.
I am sure that this system will evolve and improve over time but I am sure that it is a step in the right direction because it brings together all of my most important findings and discoveries:
- Food, from the way we choose and prepare it to the ways we eat it, plays a fundamental role in our wellbeing.
- There is no “one fits all” solutions. Each of us is unique. And so should be our meal plan.
- On our way to a happier, healthier lifestyle, we have to make our food a friend and ally, not an enemy.
- There is enough stress and compromise in our daily lives. In order for something new in your life to work, it should be enjoyable and rewarding.
- Everyone needs to start somewhere. And at the beginning, everyone needs guidance and support.